Saturday, September 15, 2007

SEC Picks - Week 3

I've been way to busy this week (again) to get this blog rolling. Eventually, I'll find my voice and be able post regularly. For now, it's just for my entertainment. Here are my thoughts on the two instate teams, and my picks for the rest of the SEC.

On Auburn and MSU: I posted this comment on Best of the SEC Blogs, "Their defense matches up well against Auburn. Holmes and Brown are both NFL-caliber players. You can bet that Croom is going to line them up on the same side as Auburn's frosh linemen. They were able to pressure Flynn the entire LSU game. Cox doesn't have the supporting cast that Flynn does, and has been making piss-poor decisions even when NOT under pressure. Groves et al will be too much for Hennig. Auburn will win, but it won't be a blowout."

On Bama and Arkansas: This is a very tough game to call. Arkansas only returns one starter on their OL. They will match up well against Bama's weak front seven. McFadden and Jones should put up 100 a piece. I think Bama should be able to move the ball on offense as well, but this will be the first semi-good defense that they've faced this year. Bottom line, McFadden and Jones will win it for the Hogs.

East

UT - 28
UF - 31

South Carolina State - 6
USC - 42

Louisville - 31
UK - 42

Western Carolina - 0
UGA - 52

Ole Miss - 21
Vandy - 17

West

Middle Tennessee - 0
LSU - 56

Arkansas - 28
Alabama - 24

MSU - 3
Auburn - 17

3 comments:

BestofSEC said...

Thanks for the link.

I don't think you are on my blogroll yet. I figure by reading you that you are an Auburn fan, so I'm sticking you in my reader there and adding you to the blogroll.

If I got that wrong, please email me at bestofsec at gmail dot com and I'll fix it.

Great blog, looking forward to reading more.

BestofSEC said...

Oh, yeah ...

Damn fine call on the UK game. ;-)

Joe Blow said...

Cool, thanks. I just hate that I can't update more. School, work, new house, dogs, wife, et al take the front seat right now. :)