Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 3 Results

Is it Friday already? Wow! I haven't had a chance to breathe this week! I went 5-3 last week leaving me with an overall record of 20-8.

East

UF 59 - UT 20
Wow, I guess I gave UT's defense a little too much credit. I've said all along that Tebow is the real deal. Is anyone still doubting this after Saturday's performance? I'm still surprised that we haven't seen more of Tebow's backup. Is Meyer just trying to pad is stats? If Tebow goes down, they're in trouble.

USC 38 - SCS 3
Boring!

UK 40 - UL 34
Speaking of "the real deal", Andre' Woodson be thy name! I honestly don't know why this was considered an upset, and why more people weren't picking Kentucky. Middle Tennessee State put 34 points on them!

UGA 45 - WCU 16
How much money is Western Carolina making from the SEC this year?

Vandy 31 - OM 17
Maybe Auburn isn't the worst team in the West after all. Ole Miss averaged 1.7 yards per rush...against Vanderbilt! I know they returned most of their defense, but it's still Vanderbilt.

West

LSU 44 - MTSU 0
Miles opted to play Perrilloux instead of Flynn this game. Well, at least Matt is used to being a backup. Even still, this is just another boring patsy game.

Bama 41 - Ark 38
This was the most exciting game I've seen this year. Bama looked good on offense at times. JPW still makes bad decisions when he's under pressure. He did throw the ball inside the 10, though. I the past, he's been too run-happy in that area. Bama's defense has some holes. So does Arkansas. Man to man coverage on the last drive? Someone needs to be shot for that.

MSU 19 - AU 14
I was never sold on Muschamp. I can't stand the bend but don't break defense. The opposing team has scored on the opening drive against Auburn in all three games this year. There, so no one will ever accuse me of putting all of the blame on Cox. Speaking of which, just bench him. He isn't performing well. Burns is young and doesn't quite know the offense, but he moves the ball. He also gets his team fired up. Cox looks and plays like he's on Ambien. He needs to snap out of it. If not, he needs to call plays into Burns.

No comments: