Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 10 Results

I went 7-0 this week. My total record for the year is now 58-18.

The East went 0-1 against the West for the second week straight. They're now knotted up at 8-8. The two regular season East vs. West games left are Auburn/UGA and Ark/UT. Who will prevail?

East

UF 49 - Vandy 22
Like I said, "Florida will win easily." Why have Tebow and the starters in during the fourth quarter, though? There was no need for it.

UGA 44 - Troy 34
Seven total turnovers between the two? Yeah, this one was ugly. There are two things that stand out to me from this game. Troy UGA, and UGA went 2 for 11 on first downs.

UT 59 - ULL 7
South Carolina still holds the distinction of being one of two teams ULL was able to hold under 30 points this year. 1-7 North Texas is the other.

West

LSU 41 - Bama 34
After repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot, LSU finally prevailed. Without the penalties, this one wouldn't have been as close. Six of Bama's twenty first downs were from penalties. Coincidentally, they are tied with Northwestern for having the most first downs gained by penalties in the nation. I smelled some Cajun spices on some of the replay calls, but Bama has no room to complain about those.

Auburn 35 - Tennessee Tech 3
Wow, I almost nailed this score! It's good to see that the backups got plenty of playing time in this one. I honestly didn't think I'd see Blake Field's name mentioned again. Boring opponent, boring game.

Arkansas 48 - USC 36
McFadden and Felix Jones are both like Matt Jones. They're some of the most exciting players I've ever seen, and I will shed no tears when they leave Arkansas!

OM 38 - NWSU 31
Ole Miss almost blew this one. How many times this year have they fallen flat late in the game? Orgeron should probably look into hiring a new strength and conditioning coach.

No comments: